According to the Office for National Statistics, almost 31m work days were lost in the UK in 2016 due to musculoskeletal problems including back pain. The costs attributable to lower back pain in the UK are estimated at £12.3bn a year, with £1.6bn spent on treatment.
Posture & Back Care training is the solution
Drawing on proven yoga interventions, the Workplace Posture & Back Care Programme is a pioneering approach, which guides employees to self-manage back pain and problems at work. The programme is suitable for people with predominantly desk-based or standing roles and custom-built for the real-world of pressurised, professional working lives.
SIX STEPS: Posture & Back Care Hack
6 Steps To Sit Well At Your Desk
1. Place feet flat on the floor, parallel with toes directed forwards.
2. Arrange legs to form right angles at ankle and knee joints.
3. Balance weight evenly through posterior, to find a soft curve in lumbar spine.
4. Lengthen upwards through spine from tailbone to crown of head.
5. Draw shoulder blades down and together; tuck elbows in to sides of waist.
6. Draw chin back and down towards collarbones.
- Helps prevents back and musculoskeletal problems, through better postural alignment and targeted workplace exercises
- Alleviates and resolves active back and musculoskeletal problems *
- Reduces risk of back injuries
- Relieves muscular tension and mental stress associated with back pain
- Improves ability to self-manage back problems at work